Fertilizantes Heringer S.A. announces
Viana, Brazil, August 9, 2018 - Fertilizantes Heringer (B3: FHER3) announces today its results for the second quarter of 2018.
- Deliveries totaled 723 thousand metric tons of fertilizers in 2Q18, 5.0% less than the 761 thousand metric tons in 2Q17, negatively impacted by the truck drivers’ strike in May. Deliveries totaled 1,588 thousand metric tons of fertilizers in 1H18, 1.8% down on the 1,617 thousand metric tons in 1H17;
- Net revenue came to R$885.2 million in 2Q18, 8.8% up on the R$813.8 million recorded in 2Q17. Net revenue climbed by 5.9%, from R$1,820.1 million in 1H17 to R$1,926.6 million in 1H18;
- EBITDA was a negative R$63.9 million in 2Q18, lower than the negative EBITDA of R$38.9 million in 2Q17. In 1H18, EBITDA was a negative R$91.9 million, lower than the positive EBITDA of R$5.9 million in 1H17;
- Net loss came to R$277.3 million in 2Q18, which was also impacted by the strong depreciation of the real in the period, versus a net loss of R$99.5 million in 2Q17. The net loss recorded in 1H18 totaled R$324.1 million, which was worse than the net loss of R$92.6 million in 1H17;
- The deliveries of specialty products, which were also impacted by the truck drivers’ strike, fell in both periods, by 6.2% in 2Q18, and 7.0% in 1H18, over the same periods in 2017. Deliveries of specialty products totaled 317 thousand metric tons in 2Q18, and 702 thousand metric tons in 1H18.
- The Company recorded positive free cash flow of R$34.6 million in 2Q18;
- Public-interest civil action of the Paranaguá unit: the trial court issued a partially favorable decision ordering the execution of a new licensing process, with the preparation of an Environmental Impact Assessment and Environmental Impact Report ("EIA/RIMA") and the holding of a public hearing in order to resume production of single superphosphate (SSP);
For the 2Q18 Earnings Release, click here.
The Company will be hosting a Conference Call on its 2Q18 Earnings, on FRIDAY, August 10, as follows:
Conference Call in Portuguese
(simultaneously translated into English)
Wednesday, May 16, 2018
10:00 a.m. US ET | 11:00 a.m. (Brasília time)
Dial In: +1 646 828-8246
Code: Fertilizantes Heringer
Webcast: click here
The slide presentation will be available on Heringer‘s IR website prior to the beginning of the Conference Call.
For further information, please contact the IR department:
Rodrigo Bortolini Rezende
Chief Financial Officer and Investor Relations Officer