The Company is controlled by the Heringer family, which has a long history of investing and participating in the Brazilian agricultural industry.
1968 - Agronomist Dalton Dias Heringer founded Heringer as a private company in the city of Manhuaçu, Minas Gerais, supplying fertilizers to coffee farmers;
1973 - The Company was converted into a limited liability corporation. Subsequently, it increased its area of operations by leasing a warehouse near the port of Vitória, Espírito Santo, with the aim of serving not just Espírito Santo, but also the state of Rio de Janeiro and Bahia;
1979 - The Company’s own plant, in Viana, Espírito Santo, was built. Heringer also began operations in the state of São Paulo, allowing it to substantially increase its number of clients, given the opportunities in that state, which is a major consumer of fertilizers;
1985 - The Company’s own plant was installed in the city of Paulínia, São Paulo, increasing its area of operations to cover the entire state;
1994 - The installation of the Eloy Carlos Heringer coffee research center in Martins Soares, Minas Gerais;
1996 - The construction of a new, more modern plant, with increased production capacity, in Manhuaçu, Minas Gerais, and the launch of operations of the second plant in Paulínia.
1997 - The fertilizer production in Paranaguá, Paraná, goes into operation;
1998 - The construction of a plant in the city of Três Corações, Minas Gerais, to serve the markets in the southern and western regions of the state;
2000 - Fertilizantes Heringer built a new plant in Uberaba, Minas Gerais, ensuring service to the entire Triângulo Mineiro region and the state of Goiás;
2001 - The Company launched the operations at the Camaçari plant, serving the state of Bahia and northern Minas Gerais;
2002 - The Company leased a plant in the city of Catalão, Goiás, increasing its share of sales in the region;
2003 - The opening of the Pasture Management and Fertilization Center (CEMAP);
2004 - The new plant in Viana, Espírito Santo, with an increased production capacity, goes into operation.
- Company conversion from limited liability into privately held.
- Increase in the capital stock due to the investment of AIG Capital Partners.
- The plant in Rondonópolis was leased, with the aim of expanding operations in Mato Grosso state.
- Inauguration of the Agribusiness Study Center (CEAGRO), in Vila Velha, Espírito Santo.
2005 - The Company built a plant in Rosário do Catete, Sergipe;
2006 - The Company inaugurated its own plant in Paranaguá, Paraná.
- Heringer goes public and is listed on Novo Mercado, BM&FBovespa’s (Bolsa de Valores, Mercadorias & Futuros de São Paulo, or Brazilian Securities, Commodities and Futures Exchange) top corporate governance listing segment.
- The plants in Bebedouro and Ourinhos, in São Paulo state, go into operation.
- The Company completed expansions of the units in Manhuaçu and Três Corações, Minas Gerais.
- The unit in Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, was leased.
2008 - The Company acquired a unit in Rio Verde, Goiás, built its own unit in Catalão, Goiás, replacing the leased unit, inaugurated its own unit in Iguatama, Minas Gerais, and also completed its recent verticalization process, inaugurating its SSP production unit in Paranaguá, state of Paraná.
2010 - The Company began operations in four fertilizer mixing units, with an owned unit in Dourados, Mato Grosso do Sul, a leased unit in Anápolis, Goiás, and two outsourced units in São João do Manhuaçu, Minas Gerais and Rio Grande, Rio Grande do Sul.
2012 - Heringer launched operations at an outsourced unit in Patos de Minas, Minas Gerais and an owned unit in Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, replacing the leased unit, through the acquisition and subsequent incorporation of Maxifértil Fertilizantes Ltda.
2015 - Heringer began operations in its plants of Candeias (BA) to replace the Camaçari plant (BA), and the Rio Grande plant (RS) to replace its outsourced unit. Also, OCP and PCS joined Heringer’s shareholder base.
2016 - This year comprised:
- Record deliveries of specialty products;
- The installation of the micronutrient dosers in industrial processes;
- The installation of weight recording systems and the automation of the industrial units;